Becky Behling is a Guild Certified Feldenkrais practitioner, in full standing with the Feldenkrais Guild of North America. She is also a certified personal trainer and post-rehabilitation exercise specialist with more than 28 years of experience in the fitness industry. She has worked with individuals of all ages and abilities both one-to-one and in group exercise settings. Becky has developed and presented continuing education workshops on a variety of topics for group exercise instructors and personal trainers as well as for the general public.
Recently she was the lead instructor for LiveStrong at the Y/Northwest Family YMCA where she assisted cancer survivors, their families, and caretakers in developing active lifestyles. She earned a BA in physical education/secondary education, MS in physical education/athletic training, and has completed 42 post-graduate hours in kinesiology.
Becky lives in Manhattan, Kansas, with her husband of over 40 years. They have two grown children who are married and four grandchildren.
Clients who train with Becky can expect undivided attention and support in developing and maintaining a physically active lifestyle and improving function; exploration of interesting and varied options for movement and physical activity to optimize health, function, and fitness.
Guild certified Feldenkrais practitioner offering Awareness Through Movement and Functional Integration lessons
Current certifications and experience: ACE Certified Personal Trainer, PFIT post-rehabilitation exercise specialist; 28 years teaching group fitness; ACE continuing education provider
Education: BA/MS Physical Education/Athletic Training (1973/1976), 42 post-graduate hours in kinesiology from University of Houston (2004-2006) and University of Texas (2008)
Personal trainer since: 1998
- All ages and levels of fitness especially older adults, novices, post-rehabilitation patients, and individuals with chronic conditions
- For people aged 60+, the Senior Fitness Assessment to evaluate functional fitness
- Incorporation of principles of nontraditional approaches to activity on land and in water
- Investigation and application of sound movement principles
- Continuing education workshop presenter, speaker on aging and physical activity
Group Class Teaching Experience
- aqua aerobics
- cardio combo
- strength training
- low impact, step
- slide, circuit/interval
- personal health and fitness
- stress reduction
- cancer survivors
Hobbies and Interests
- My beloved family: Dan, my husband of 35 yearsand our two adult children Nate and Liz and their spouses Megan and Sean
- Church youth group volunteer
- Home-centered hospitality
- Hiking around Manhattan
- Finding the best little spot in Manhattan for the day
- The work of Moshe Feldenkrais